Monday 9 March 2015

RCMP Suicides CBC

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/rcmp-under-fire-for-lack-of-mental-health-help-for-officers-1.2416083

       Linda Perchaluk  decided  to tell her story to the CBC in Manitoba .

"
Linda Perchaluk of Roblin, Man., told CBC News the national police force didn’t take her husband’s mental health problems seriously until it was too late.
Her husband, Const. Adrien Gulay, committed suicide in August. He was 45 years old.
“I would phone and fax and email and they would just tell me they couldn’t do anything more,” Perchaluk said.
When two RCMP officers came to her door the morning after Gulay died, Perchaluk said she angrily confronted them.
“I said, ‘Where the hell were you a year ago? You come here now to tell me he is dead? I have been begging for help for this long and now you come? Get out, because I don’t want to see you,‘” she recalled.
CBC News has spoken to more than a dozen RCMP members and veterans suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and occupational stress injuries, as well as three spouses who have lost their husbands to suicide."

No comments:

Post a Comment